Manager (Cloud Platform)
Ngau Tau Kok
- Manage and support the managed services provided by external vendors on the operation of the company’s cloud platform, which covers support and operation of all cloud-related system infrastructure (e.g. IaaS and PaaS) including, but not limited to, network, firewall, storage, cloud management platform, backup, database, automation tools for DevOps and SysOps, security tools, directory services, system monitoring tools, etc.
- Monitor the performance of the managed services, ensuring compliance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and sufficient resources / support (e.g. residential engineers, R&D team) are provided with high quality of services
- Lead the troubleshooting of any issue, risk, production incident, problem or irregularity related to cloud-related system infrastructure and its operation. Prepare incident/problem reports as appropriate, follow up the remediation action and improvement plan
- Monitor the managed services providers to ensure the defined procedure on the change preparation, implementation and post implementation review are followed
- Work with the managed services providers to support new project deployment and on-boarding of application systems to Cloud infrastructure
- Work with the managed services providers to implement disaster recovery (DR) drill
according to the defined DR plan and procedure
- Support Cloud Governance team and managed services providers to define the continuous service improvement plan to address any potential operation issue or risk
- Responsible for cloud platform capacity planning and reporting to ensure there is sufficient system resources to meet the business needs.
- Work with the managed services providers and internal teams to design, develop and implement system infrastructures utilizing cloud management platform and related infrastructure components based on user and business requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor(s)
- University degree in information technology, computer science or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience preferably gained from major financial
institutions with at least 5 years’ experience on team lead or at managerial level
- Solid experience in managing operation of system infrastructure including computing system, storage, network
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies, DevOps automation tools and prevailing information technology trends are preferable such as Ansible Tower, GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Familiar with ITSM process, IT governance framework and IT compliance standards in financial industry
- Ability to use analytical, innovative and structured approach to problem solving, with the sense for pragmatism, common sense and self-starter mentality
- Positive attitude and strong commitment to the delivery of quality work
- Good presentation, documentation and report writing skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, with proficiency in Putonghua an advantage